Saturday, March 17, 2012

Our Disgusting Game

You, my friend
are a great liar
an arrogant fool
I've never seen finer

One day you will be forced to see
And maybe you have
I'll never be able to pass through that maze
never learn how to read that blank page. 

There are things that were left unspoken
and touches that can't be taken back
This hand I feel is so broken
was once wrapped around your neck. 

I disengage
hang my head like a fool
As you keep up the haughty speeches
as if you were the one true rule!

I betray you
You can't ever trust me
But you couldn't see how much it hurt
how much I loved you. 

'loved' is the finest word
to speak of such a thing
For how can I still love
such an arrogant being? 

You never saw
how much you could hurt
you broke me into pieces
and then you picked up all of the shards
and said, "Oh how I've missed this!" 

And, oh, I missed it too
The soreness of the deepening wound
Blackest blood pouring over our heads
as we danced and sang with the Goddess

Too many things were left unspoken,
my spirits screaming for resolution,
but to my surprise it never came
as we danced in our disgusting game.

2 comments: