OMG WAT?! So I'm not crazy, I'm not suffering from all the mental disorders I THINK I have, but I was drugged up with ADHD medicine my entire childhood because I was a little too much to handle. I needed a little more attention than other children, I was curious about the world, happy to speak to people, and overall a CHILD. So they drug me up, calling it a "disorder" so I can just dope out and sit the fuck down and "pay attention". And then I wondered why I lost my personality, lost my friends cuz I was "boring", and became extremely dissociated, depressed, and eventually suicidal.
What the fuck kind of culture allows this to happen to their youth?!
The ADHD stimulant causes an over production of dopamine and because of this the brain shuts down its production of dopamine after a while, causing children to be depressed.
And my mother never believed her when I told I was depressed and wanted to get off the meds, but once I was in middle school, squirming on the floor screaming and crying for no apparent reason, she STILL didn't let up. No therapy, no help, just take the drugs.
Thank god my autistic brother said, "The medicine makes me sad." Then suddenly it was a very big deal. I finally got off after YEARS of begging and wishing someone would just listen to me. But they never did, cause I wasn't supposed to have the ability to tell them what was best for me.
Of course I have problems! ADHD medicine also can stunt growth, not just height and weight, but mental growth. In middle school and freshman years of highschool I was depressed and wouldn't get out of bed in the morning, I loathed life, I didn't do work because my mind was so exhausted with just getting up and making it to school, my mind just didn't seem to work, I was having temper tantrums like a toddler which I didn't do when I was in elementary school. I was depressed. I wasn't motivated. I don't even know what the problem was about the work or the homework, there was a literal block on my brain. I couldn't do it. And NOONE helped me. Not the teachers, not my parents, not even the guidance councilor I apparently had. He was pretty invisible. In elementary school I could go without doing homework and have straight A's, then middle school I was almost failing. Does it just mean I wasn't trying? Obviously not. I wasn't trying in elementary either. Was it the teachers not pushing me? Maybe. I think my development was cut back by the drugs I was on, by that time I had also been put on anti-depressants. My mentality is awful. You can just look back at my posts and see how depressed I become and how I used to cut and such. Adults don't want to listen to their kids or struggle to take of them, they just want their kids to be perfect so they use drugs that are much more harmful than helpful.
America is abusing their children.
No comments:
Post a Comment