Thursday, July 28, 2011
Started using Paint on my computer and I realized some things.
I catch myself trying to make excuses, it never works.
Lately I have been feeling...angry. Its strange. Growing up I always had temper tantrums, and I could never stop it. But sometime in middle school (why did everything happen in middles school? O.o) I thought to myself, "I won't be like my dad." and all that anger just...left. Well that and counseling where I listened instead of spoke about myself ^_^". My dad had been an angry drunk and I thought I had inherited his anger, but I proved myself wrong. Now instead of getting angry over the little-est things..nothing seems to make me mad. But lately anger has been seeping in. I don't know if its because I recognized that not feeling angry when you should isn't normal or just because I realized I'm never angry... I don't know. ^-^ A few of the above images are full of anger that I randomly started feeling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Anger has its place! I am glad that you are recognizing that. I have to keep telling myself that. It is an emotion that it is okay for us to have. After the rage has subsided, then we can figure out what and where it is coming from and then deal with that so we don't have to live in that state forever. You are doing great work!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great work.
ReplyDeleteLove to you,
Jenny
I have a difficult time recognizing my own anger. I often think that I call it something else like sadness, fear, etc...because my anger was silenced for so long by others. I'm glad you are doing art work on your computer. I've never thought about using paint, but it is a great idea that I might try:) Take care of yourself. Like Jenny and Eve said, "You are doing great work!"
ReplyDeleteI believe I was fourteen when I realized I had a choice. I'm still learning how to make the best choices for myself...I never like feeling anger or expressing it. I think it's mostly because I grew up in a house with angry parents and they didn't handle their anger in a healthy way at all. In my heart I never want to be like them. So I think I ignore my feelings of anger, even about the rapes. Being anger makes me feel like I'm going to be ugly to someone because that's what I witnessed from my parents for a long time...Thanks for the paintings
ReplyDeleteI also agree you are doing great work. I didn't realize how much anger or that I had a choice with it till I had children. It took a long time, it's still hard to not turn it towards myself but it does have it's place like Eve said. And getting our emotions out with creativity is a safe place. Love to you Heather
ReplyDelete