Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A truth!! Living in a house ruled by autism.

One of my older brothers is autistic. I love him. :) I used to think I had autism too, or maybe his rubbed off on me? When I was very young my Mom thought I might have had autism also because I didn't start talking until I was 3.
My brother is turning 20 and he acts like a little kid. He has bright childlike eyes and gets really angry when I whisper. We used to fight everyday when I was younger, but now we are really close...except for the occasional fights or when I want my space. He always comes up with these random facts about celebrities or sports or movies and LOVES to talk about it constantly. Since dad died he has been obsessed with how peoples' marriages are doing, if they are widowed or not, and if anyone that we know has died. It makes me sad to see him in pain. I wish mom would bring him to counseling. :(
He is very intuitive and knows when I am in pain. I wish he didn't though, because I haven't told him about anything that I blog.

2 comments:

  1. I agree about wanting him to get therapy. I hope he will get it soon. I think it is a real gift that you have someone who understands you. Seriously good! I am sending you my love today. Thank you for being real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work with children with autism. It is a huge passion of mine. I do hope your brother can get some therapy. He is lucky to have such a wonderful sister, and I'm glad you have someone who understands you so well.

    ReplyDelete