Chest heaving, body dragging, hair swinging, never looking back. My body could never move fast enough to get away from the danger behind me. This has been a major theme in my dreams FOR YEARS. And I am only a teenager.
My dream guide app says that running dreams are normal for college age students. I am no where near that yet!
Before I started having these running dreams I would have amazing dreams of getting out of tight situations with my wit and strength alone. I had been strong. I could fight off evil men who wanted to hurt me and my friends with a simple wand and my butt-kicking karate in my dreams! I could talk my way out of being kidnapped in my dreams! Before the abuse I had been strong. Now all I can do is run. Running away from a gigantic wave while Zar and my and my friends try to fight off the water wishing to drown me. Chasing a rabbit yet running away from the wolf. My body fighting against me with every step.
I just wish I could go back to my old dreams of fighting Voldemort and winning. Is that so wrong? Or maybe just dream of something relaxing like sitting on a beach with a CALM ocean for a change? I don't know, maybe its just me, but isn't sleep supposed to be rejuvenating?
I'm so glad that you are writing about your abuse. I really hope that it will help you to heal. Keep fighting, and stay strong. You are so brave:)
ReplyDelete